December 18th, 2015
We’re taking ticket registrations for Dutch Clojure Days 2016. This will be a free one-day event on Saturday the 19th of March, 2016 in Amsterdam. Tickets are free but space is limited so please register if you’re planning on attending.
We’re also looking for speakers and sponsors. If you have anything clojure-related you want to present or if you’re willing to help us pay the facilities etc please visit the registration page for more details.
February 9th, 2015
This Wednesday, 11 February 2015, I will be giving a talk at the Amsterdam Clojure Meetup about our experiences at Studyflow implementing Event Sourcing with Clojure / ClojureScript. Daniel Marjenburgh will also be presenting “VisualReview: Web application layout testing with clj-webdriver”. This looks like it’s going to be an interesting evening.
If you want to attend, note that we are not at the regular old location @ Backbase any more. See the event web page for details.
October 24th, 2013
I just published my Emacs configuration as an article. Contains interesting stuff on Emacs, OrgMode, Clojure and other things.
May 9th, 2013
This week, I re-implemented my main website. The text on the old one needed to be revised heavily (in fact I removed almost all of it except a short bio and some longer articles) and I wanted to experiment with a more colorful look. I need to revise the stylesheet a bit more to give a better experience on small screens (mobile), but so far I’m pleased with the result.
The new site html is generated completely by emacs’ org-mode project publishing functionality (the old one used a custom bunch of perl scripts generating from HTML snippets and perl POD documents). This hopefully means it’ll be easier to add and revise content, and it also provides nice syntax highlighting for any code snippets I put in my articles.
The whole switchover was pretty smooth, especially once I wrote a bit of elisp to roughly prepare conversion from POD formatting to org:
"Rougly convert region from pod syntax to org-mode"
(replace-regexp "C<\\([^>]+\\)>" "=\\1=" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "I<\\([^>]+\\)>" "/\\1/" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "B<\\([^>]+\\)>" "*\\1*" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "^=head1 \\(.*\\)" "* \\1" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "^=head2 \\(.*\\)" "** \\1" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "^=head3 \\(.*\\)" "*** \\1" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "^=head4 \\(.*\\)" "**** \\1" nil point mark)
(replace-regexp "^=head5 \\(.*\\)" "***** \\1" nil point mark))
Very basic, but pretty useful.
Now, I’m considering replacing WordPress for this blog with org-mode too. That probably requires a bit more investigation. I want to keep at least the tags/categories feature and related rss feeds, and I’m not sure if that’s available for org at the moment.
November 3rd, 2012
Because people asked: my current emacs configuration is at https://github.com/joodie/emacs-config
Note that it will not work as is, as it depends on my local file tree and specific installs from marmalade. So it’s mostly useful as a raw bucket of references to interesting stuff. Oh, and it includes my personal color theme, which may be an interesting example of emacs 24’s new color-theme functionalities.
October 25th, 2012
This saturday, all day. I’ll be giving an updated version of my “functional clojure: sequences” talk in the morning.
October 24th, 2011
clojure-refactoring, the Emacs/SLIME based toolkit for doing refactoring wasn’t getting enough love and attention, so I fixed a few things. Tom Crayford unfortunately doesn’t have the time to work on it any further so I’m taking over as the maintainer. Inspect the code at the new “official” repository.
For now, I’m focused on fixing parsing issues first, then installing ease (I’m thinking about packaging everything Emacs-related on marmalade but that depends on what’s the easiest way to get stuff integrated for the user on the Emacs and Clojure sides). I’ve already removed the dependencies on out-dated libraries. Basically, everything I need to make the current functionality reliable enough for production use. Next up is support for clojure 1.3, probably, if that needs any work (I’m running 1.2 in production everywhere for now).
For the further future, I’d like this code to be useful for other editors/APIs/tools, so the SLIME/swank/Emacs specific stuff probably has to be separated out at some point. Some more refactorings will also be useful.
For now, version 0.6.1 is on clojars. Get it while it’s hot.
October 8th, 2011
AuthSub is the authorization API Google uses for many of its products, meaning you can use it to ask a user to provide access to their private youtube listings, calendar entries etc without forcing them to hand over their password. The protocol is actually pretty simple and implementing it using clj-http was straight forward, except for one thing: clj-http always puts the connection port number in the Host header (which by the way is completely valid according to the HTTP/1.1 spec), but some google applications (notably, youtube) do not like that, giving a crypic HTTP status 401 “AuthSub token has the wrong scope” error. Figuring out the problem took a couple of hours given that that idiosyncrasy is not documented anywhere and I had to figure it out from some comments in the Python client for AuthSub.
With that issue out of the way, I’ve released clj-authsub version 0.1.0. It’s minimal and currently doesn’t support signed/secure tokens, but it works.